Note: You are viewing an old revision of this page. View the current version.
Welcome to www.hollenback.net: A Lot of Content, A Little Bit of Style!
- Thinking of staying at the Mirror Lake Inn in Lake Placid? Think again!
*11/10/05: So what's going on with this wiki? Well, not much. It is still the repository for all things hollenback-o-riffic. However, I'm not making too many other changes (well, I do try to update the NewYorkNotes from time to time). Right now a lot of my online 'fun-time' continues to revolve around flickr, particularly since Meghan loaned me a digital camera. I will try to update this wiki from time to time. *06/23/05: Yes I know I'm still using phpwiki. Inertia is a powerful thing. Actually I figured out an ugly workaround to the page load failures that involves an echo command and suppressing all the phpwiki error output. Plus I used mediawiki some more and decided it was too structured for my tastes. Thus, it looks like I will be using good old phpwiki for a while longer. Also, have you looked at my flickr pictures yet? *04/28/05: Apologizes for going back to the lame phpwiki default theme. I've got an intermittent problem where the front page doesn't load all the way, and it seems like it is a little less likely to happen with this theme. The real answer is I need to get MediaWiki installed.
- 04/08/05: I've upgraded my wiki software to Phpwiki 1.3.11rc3. Please let me know if you see any problems. Hopefully I will be able to re-enable anonymous edits because this version has some anti-spam features.
- 03/21/05: The moment I feared has arrived: spammers started scribbling all over my site and adding hundreds of bogus 'XANAX', 'VALIUM', and 'V1@GRA' pages. Thus I have no choice but to lock down the site. Technically you can still edit if you have a username and password, but that's only me right now. Hopefully I will work out some anti-spam procedures so I can turn anonymous editing back on. Anonymous edits are one of the most enjoyable aspects of a wiki - I love it when people leave little random notes on my website. I didn't even really mind it when I was getting a spam page once a week or so - I could easily delete them. However, I don't have the time to delete hundreds (or thousands!) of spam pages from my site every day.
New York Update
*Renee and I have spent the last year or so in the most important city in the world, New York. You might enjoy my notes about the experience.
*We survived the blackout of 2003!
- Phil's Resume or Renee's Resume
- MyLinks (superceded by del.icio.us)
- AxMen - I didn't make this one up!
- Bored with unemployment? Maybe you should think about FindingAJob!
Or, you could just play biznatch, Steve Ocepek's revolutionary new card game!