Mozilla Keywords are a great way to add little shortcuts to your web browser. Basically you assign a keyword to a bookmark and then typing that keyword in the location bar jumps to the bookmark. Here's one I just figured out that I use a lot. After you set this up, just type dict someword in google and you will go right to the dict.org definition for the word.
- Add a new bookmark under Bookmarks->Manage Bookmarks.
- Give it the name dict.org search.
- Use the following location:
- Pick a short keyword (I suggest dict).
- Then save the new bookmark!
This trick works for any site where you can substitutes the %s into a URL to retrieve some sort of info.