Note: You are viewing an old revision of this page. View the current version.
Welcome to www.hollenback.net: This Thing's Been Up For Almost Ten Years!
*03/03/11: Be sure to check out the articles below, I've been writing a lot of blog posts over the last few months. *12/27/10: Survived another insane year. Highlights: another baby boy (healthy & happy), wrote & presented a paper at a technical conference. *01/20/10: I finally got my followup to Big City Baby written - Big City Toddler! *04/07/09: Nothing too exciting, just wanted to let everyone know I am alive and very busy, what with the toddler and the job. *02/02/09: GE's defective light bulb could have burned down my house! *09/27/07: I've written a big new article I'm calling Big City Baby. This also helps explain why I haven't updated this site much in the last few months.
- The Glory of My Walk to the Store Last Night.
- Guess what? I suck at Caltrain.
- I made some baby food and took some pictures!
- Why Are old toys better than new ones?
- Thanks for making my child cry, E*TRADE.
- Ever had an ocular migraine? It's pretty freaky.
- How to survive having a baby in the city.
- Three great music blogs.
- We survived the blackout of 2003!
- You might enjoy my notes about the experience of moving to New York City.
- I'm a terrible windows administrator.
- Send your command-line data as mime parts with perl.
- Instructions for installing Request Tracker 4 on CentOS 5.
- How do you make sure something doesn't execute on 10,000 servers all at once? Spread the load on your servers.
- I say that Devops means Don't be an A-Hole
- I had the honor of taking part in a Software Packaging Panel at Devopsdays 2011.
- I presented a BayLISA talk about Release Management.
- My brain dump about web hosting vs VPS providers.
- A couple of ways I've recently learned to write cleaner perl code.
- Do you ever use metrics as a weapon?
- My thoughts on mentoring and documentation.
- Configuring a cheapo Asus wireless router to act as a DirecTV wireless bridge (with dd-wrt).
- How I stopped worrying and learned to love perl command line scripts.
- Create a command line distribution chart with bash.
- How to solve the problem of poor RSS feeds from wikis.
- A random proposal for a twitter resource identifer (TRI).
- Is it possible to bring DevOps to a large organization?
- Please don't use mkdir -p in install scripts.
- I use a wiki instead of a blog and that's ok.
- Wikis I hate every one of you collectively & individually.
- Here's a perl script bug that got me thinking.
- Debugging a weird hung network connection problem.
- Calculating logfile timestamp offsets with emacs org-mode.
- Wondering about emails from 1969?
- The programmng exercise known as FizzBuzz.
- How to deal with the dovecot X-UID bug.
- Tips on upgrading your Linksys Wireless router to open source.
- How to migrate filesystems to a raid array using LVM.
- How to back up your amazon wishlist to a text file.